Saturday 20 January 2018

Tag Heuer calls time on Tiger deal

TAG Heuer, the Swiss watchmaker, ended its endorsement agreement with Tiger Woods when the golfer's contract expired last month.

TAG Heuer, which is based in La Chaux-de-Fonds, had limited its use of Woods's image in certain markets following the November 2009 car accident that led to his admission of marital infidelity and personal and professional decline. The company signed Woods in 2002.

Peeping Tom B&B owner jailed

A bed and breakfast owner who spied on his guests through secret peepholes and made audio recordings of their most intimate moments was jailed for 18 weeks yesterday.

Paul Williams (60) watched three couples from holes which he had drilled in the doors of the rooms at his bed and breakfast in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.

Boy (7) mauled in Rottweiler attack

A BOY (7) was left with horrific injuries after being attacked by a Rottweiler on Southend seafront, suffering as many as 20 puncture wounds before his grandmother saved him, police said yesterday.

The dog had forced the boy under around two feet of water during the attack. His grandmother intervened, pulling the dog off him, police said. The dog and its owner then fled.

'Big Boi' held for drug possession

Miami police have arrested Outkast rapper Big Boi for possessing ecstasy and other drugs that the performer's lawyer later characterised as "contraband".

Media reports cited the Miami-Dade County Corrections Department's website as listing the rapper, whose real name is Antwan Patton, as having been arrested for having ecstasy, MDMA powder and Viagra, for which he had no prescription.

Moat inquest jury to see death site

Jurors at the inquest into the death of Raoul Moat will be given a virtual reality tour of the spot where the gunman died. Newcastle coroner David Mitford said the 3D computer simulation would help the jury panel decide how the former doorman was killed.

He was speaking at a preliminary hearing ahead of the full inquest at Newcastle Crown Court next month. Moat (37) shot himself in the head after Taser cartridges were fired by police at the climax of a lengthy stand-off in Northumberland in July last year.

Irish Independent

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in World News