Spacey sex-assault accuser drops lawsuit
The man that former 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey is accused by prosecutors of sexually assaulting in Massachusetts three years ago has dropped a civil lawsuit he filed against the Oscar-winning actor only last week.
Mitchell Garabedian, the alleged victim's lawyer, yesterday said his client filed papers on Wednesday to voluntarily dismiss a lawsuit in Nantucket County Superior Court that accused Spacey of "explicit sexual behaviour and lewd and lascivious conduct".
Mr Garabedian declined to comment further on the dismissal, citing the pending criminal case prosecutors filed last year against Spacey. The civil lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, meaning his client cannot refile the case later.
Spacey has pleaded not guilty to one count of felony indecent assault and battery at a bar on the Massachusetts beach island of Nantucket.
Prosecutors charged Spacey in the Nantucket case in December.
The accuser told police Spacey had bought him several rounds of beer and whiskey at the Club Car Restaurant in Nantucket in July 2016 when he was 18.
As they stood next to a piano, Spacey groped him, he told investigators.
Spacey's lawyers have accused the man of deleting text messages that would support his defence.