Man accidentally burns down building after trying to destroy bees' nest with a firework
A tried to destroy a bees' nest with a firework but accidentally ended up burning down his garage.
Things went very wrong for Mike Tingley when he used the unusual approach to try and tackle the nest at his garage in Grand Blanc, Michigan.
Fire officers were greeted with fireworks shooting from the burning building when they arrived at the scene on Monday.
Grand Blanc Fire Chief Bob Burdette told Michigan Live: "The homeowner was doing something with a smoke bomb trying to get a bees nest out of the garage."
The garage and a nearby fence were destroyed in the blaze but the fire didn't spread further and thankfully nobody was injured.
Mr Tingley said he is relieved that the damage wasn't worse.
He commented: "We really weren't going to celebrate the Fourth of July so much as we just have fun in our backyard, we like to have barbecues, we had a patio back there.
"It is depressing losing a place where we had a lot of fun, but everyone is safe and that's the main thing."