Nice cancels cycling championships following lorry attack
The European road cycling championships in Nice have been cancelled for security reasons.
Nice mayor Philippe Pradal said the September 14-18 event required a large police presence but that city officials had not received "any guarantee" about their deployment.
The news came hours after Nice officials said the July 14 truck attack on the famed Promenade des Anglais had claimed an 85th victim.
The European Cycling Union said the decision was "justified on the grounds of safety" and it plans to hold the event on the same dates in another unspecified location.
The latest victim of the Bastille Day lorry attack died in hospital, and was named as Pierre Hattermann, 56, by Christian Estrosi, president of the region where the French Riviera city is located.
The local Nice Matin daily newspaper said Mr Hattermann's wife, Francoise, and 13-year-old son, Elouan, were also killed when a truck driven by Tunisian Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, 31, barrelled down the resort's Promenade des Anglais as tens of thousands of people gathered for the French national day celebration.
The attack was claimed by the Islamic State group.
Mr Hattermann, a psychologist, died at the Pasteur Hospital on Thursday, the paper reported. He lived in the Savoie region of eastern France and had been on holiday in NIce with his family.