Mexico quake death toll rises to 369 after last known body recovered
The last body known to be trapped in rubble following last month's Mexican earthquake has been recovered, raising the overall death toll to 369.
The body was recovered from a collapsed office building in central Mexico City, where a steadily dwindling number of families kept vigil for two weeks as an international assortment of rescuers worked a massive rubble heap.
It was the last known active recovery site following the magnitude 7.1 quake on September 19.
Roberto Campa, the interior department's deputy secretary for human rights, said via Twitter that 49 bodies had been recovered from the site. They include 19 women and 30 men.
Mexico City mayor Miguel Angel Mancera said in an interview with Milenio television that the office building, which counted an employment agency and accounting firm among its tenants, was the last place in the city where bodies are being recovered.
"We do not have any missing persons," Mr Mancera said, adding that all bodies had been identified.
National civil defence chief Luis Felipe Puente tweeted that the official federal death toll had risen to 369. Of those, 228 were in the capital.