Man charged with terror offences linked to Brussels airport atrocity
A man has been charged with terror offences linked to the deadly suicide bomb attack on Brussels airport in March 2016, authorities in Belgium said.
The Federal Prosecutor's office said on Wednesday that a Belgian national identified as 39-year-old Brahim T. was charged with "participation in the activities of a terrorist group, terrorist murder, attempted terrorist murder", either in a direct role or as an accomplice.
He is scheduled to appear in a Brussels court within five days.
Belgium has been on high alert since suicide attackers killed 32 people at the Brussels airport and an underground station on March 22 last year.