Monday 18 December 2017

Youngster makes miraculous recovery from horrific burns on 33pc of his body

Rod Minchin in London

A four-year-old boy has made a miraculous recovery after suffering horrific burns when his pyjamas caught fire at home.

Logan Adams suffered 33pc burns across his body and endured nine hours of emergency surgery and skin grafts at Bristol's Frenchay Hospital.

Logan's pyjamas were engulfed in flames after he and his six-year-old sister climbed up to reach a cupboard and accidentally turned the cooker on in May last year.

He was airlifted to Frenchay's specialist paediatric burns and plastic surgery unit which has expertise in complex burns cases.

Logan, from Swindon, Wiltshire, spent several weeks in hospital, where a team of nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and play assistants helped him to recover.

Logan's mother, Denise Rendell (29), said: "Logan was in theatre every day and had four operations in total.

"He spent so much time in bed unable to move that he had to learn how to walk again and is still having physiotherapy."

Logan started school in September last year, just a few weeks after leaving hospital.

Irish Independent

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in World News