Saturday 25 November 2017

Toddler (2) in coma after apparently choking on grape at Pizza Hut

The incident occurred on Friday. Photo: PA
The incident occurred on Friday. Photo: PA

Tom White, Press Association

A fund raising page has been set up for a toddler who fell into a coma after choking while out for pizza with his family.

Jacob Jenkins, two, is fighting for his life after apparently choking on a grape at a Pizza Hut restaurant in Hartlepool.

He was initially taken to James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, but later transferred to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.

Over £3,000 has now been raised for the family, with the Go Fund Me page saying: "Jacob and his family who are going through unimaginable times every minute of everyday.

"While baby Jacob is fighting for his life his family will be at his bedside vigil 24/7."

His mother Abigail Wilson said he was on life support and asked people to keep praying for her boy, following the incident on Friday.

She posted on Facebook: "Me and David want to thank everyone for your kind messages and prayers of support for Jacob.

"Jacob is on life support now in a coma. He has his own heart beat back and I hope he continues to give this strong fight he is giving and I hope I can give you all the best news possible.

"We are now just getting settled into the RVI Newcastle and hoping for the next critical 48 hours to go as best as they can. Please keep praying for our baby."

A spokesman for Pizza Hut said: "We can confirm there was a very serious incident involving a child at our Hartlepool Hut. Our thoughts and concern are with the child and his family at this very difficult time."

Press Association

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in World News