Teenage girl poisoned by BBQ fumes in tent was hockey loving 14-year-old
THIS is the first picture of the tragic 14-year-old who was killed by poisonous carbon monoxide fumes at a campsite.
Devastated friends paid tribute to the popular teenager on social networking site Facebook.
A page set up in dedication to hockey-mad Hannah called 'RIP Hannah Thomas Jones. You will never be forgotten' had attracted over 200 'likes' yesterday afternoon (Mon).
Friend Shelby Lloyd wrote: "R.I.P Hannah you will be sadly missed bye all of your family and friends you will always be misted and there will always be in everybody hearts forever and ever you are 1 in a million we wish we could change turn back time , you always cheered us up when we were sad you always made people laugh and never got upset easily even if you were you always carried on as normal Hannah everyone loves you ! R.I.P."
While Tom Dean simply wrote: "Love you Han xxx" another pal Katrina Louise O'brien said: "Hannah I will miss u so much. Can't think how it is going to be different in school with out u xxxx"
Another friend wrote: "Love you Hannah, you had an amazing life and no one will ever forget you."
Hannah was discovered unconscious, along with her parents and brother, by a relative staying in a neighbouring tent the morning after they had all enjoyed a meal together.
A doctor staying on site tried to resuscitate her but she was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics who arrived just minutes later.
Her 11-year-old brother and parents were taken to hospital suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
A disposable barbecue was found in the tent. It is thought they had either mistakenly used it to keep the tent warm or had believed it had gone out.
Last night relatives of the family at the hospital said; ""We are devastated by this tragic accident.
"Our priority as a family is to ensure the three people in hospital get well enough to fully recover."
Phil Wright, landlord of the Baron of Beef, the neighbouring pub which owns the campsite said it was "incredibly tragic".
"They had booked in for the weekend and came in the previous evening to watch the FA Cup final," he said.
"They were a lovely group having a lot of fun. They didn't stay to eat but had a barbecue around their tents in the evening.
"The next morning a lady from the group came running in to the pub. She was absolutely devastated but was trying to keep calm.
"She shouted 'we need an ambulance, we need an ambulance'. She said they were very ill and needed first aid. Her husband behind her said it was 'very serious'.
"It was all incredibly frantic. We got the emergency service as quickly as we could. They all came – the ambulance, the fire, the police and the air ambulance.
"The girl was the worst and they tried to resuscitate her but it was too late.
"It is just incredibly tragic." His tearful wife Debra, 43, said: "My heart goes out to the family."
The death comes just a month after a six-year-old girl died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a campsite in the New Forest, Hampshire.