Tuesday 24 October 2017

Teen (18) dies after being electrocuted urinating on faulty lamppost

The town of Bunyola. Photo: Google Streetview
The town of Bunyola. Photo: Google Streetview
Brian O'Reilly

Brian O'Reilly

A TEENAGER has died after he was electrocuted while urinating against a faulty lamppost.

The 18-year-old died in the early hours of yesterday morning on the Spanish island of Mallorca, during a summer fiesta in the town of Bunyola

It is believed his urine served as a conductor and sent an electrical current through his body.

Emergency services received a call at around 12.40am after he was found convulsing on the ground.

Paramedics worked on him at the scene for over 30 minutes, however were unable to detect a pulse and he was declared dead shortly afterwards.

The town, of just 6,000 people, cancelled the remainder if the festival as a mark of respect.

Online Editors

Editors Choice

Also in World News