Wednesday 17 January 2018

Specialist care for toddler strangled by blind cord

Ben Kendall in London

A TODDLER who accidentally strangled herself on a window blind cord in August is due to be taken to a hospital for severely disabled children, her family have said.

Jamie Warner found his daughter, Emily (2), unconscious in her bedroom with the cord around her neck.

He had gone upstairs to talk to his son, James (4), when he found her seemingly lifeless body. Emily is now unable to walk, talk or feed herself.

Mr Warner (30) from Royston, near Cambridge, England, said: "If James hadn't been naughty and been sent to bed early I might not have gone to check on her in time."

Emily is due to be transferred to Tadworth Court Children's Hospital, in Surrey, for severely disabled children.

The family chose to speak out to alert other families to the potential danger.

Irish Independent

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in World News