| 9.5°C Dublin

Shocking footage of gang's vicious attack on family house

A man suffered a suspected heart attack after a gang of masked teens pelted his home with rocks and bricks.

Windows were smashed in a sustained spree of vandalism at the property in Stockport in the United Kingdom, the third attack in three weeks.

The 68-year-old victim, who shares the home with his wife and daughter, was hospitalised after the latest incident.

In the shocking video of the most recent attack, the gang were captured on CCTV climbing over a fence into a back garden and hurling missiles at the the front of the house.

Police have issued CCTV footage of the final attack, which shows the full extent of the wanton violence committed by the offenders.

Officers believe the same offenders, who were described as white men or teens, are responsible for each attack but said they still have no motive.




Detective Inspector Cheryl Hughes said: "It is no exaggeration to say this family have suffered a terrifying campaign of abuse at the hands of this gang."

"After three attacks, they are living on their nerves in a boarded-up home in which they no longer feel safe. It is heartbreaking to think they feel so distressed in what should be the sanctity of their own home, without any clue as to why they are under repeated attack.

"The best peace of mind we can offer them is to find the culprits of these mindless and violent crimes, establish the motive and bring those responsible to justice.

"I would therefore encourage anyone who has information about these attacks, or who may know the identity of those involved, to please do the right thing and come forward with what you know.

"Your information could help save the lives of this family, who do not deserve for one second the abuse they have suffered."

The first incident took place at about 10.15pm on Wednesday May 13.

Bricks were thrown through the dining room window, along with a smoke bomb, and a full can of paint was thrown inside the family car parked on the drive.

Five days later, at about 10.45pm on May 18, the second attack took place.

This time black paint was thrown over the front of the house, the cloakroom and lounge windows were smashed with bricks and thrown into the house, narrowly missing a member of the family.

The latest attack came earlier this month, on Friday June 5 at about 3.30pm.

This was the most violent and sustained attack, as five masked offenders pulled up outside the house in a car and were captured, in full view of children and parents on the school run, throwing up to 15 missiles in the form of bricks at the house.

A full paint can was also thrown into the lounge, covering the room.

Online Editors