Police set to review new William Roache claims
Police are set to review information they received from "a number of other people" during the trial of Coronation Street star William Roache, who was cleared of historic sex offences against five women.
Roache, 81, who plays Ken Barlow in the ITV soap, was found not guilty by a jury of two counts of rape and four counts of indecent assault following a four-week trial at Preston Crown Court.
Lancashire Police said they had been contacted with "further information", but said there is "no current investigation".
A spokeswoman said: "During the course of the trial of Mr Roache, a number of other people have contacted the police with further information.
"This information will be reviewed to ascertain what action, if any, needs to be taken in relation to it.
"Mr Roache was acquitted of all the charges in the trial and there is no current investigation."
It has been reported that the information came from three women.
Speaking on the steps of the court after his acquittal on Thursday, Mr Roache said: "I have just got one thing to say, in these situations there are no winners and I think we should all be much kinder to ourselves. Now if you will excuse me I would like to get back to work."
Mr Roache did not respond when asked if the trial had been "a witch-hunt".
In her closing speech to the jury, prosecutor Anne Whyte said that if Roache was telling the truth and the complainants were all liars then he could be seen as a victim of "a huge, distorted, perverse witch-hunt".