Paris terror attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam 'refuses to speak' in French court
The leading suspect in November's Paris attacks has refused to talk to judges in France, bringing the hearing to a close, according to his lawyers.
Salah Abdeslam had been due to be questioned by investigating judges for the first time since his extradition from Belgium as authorities bid to shed light on the Islamic State group's strategies in Europe.
Abdeslam, 26, was given a string of preliminary terrorism charges after his transfer from Belgium, where he was arrested after four months on the run.
He is the only suspect still alive believed to have played a direct role in the November 13 bloodshed at a rock concert, stadium and Parisian cafes, which killed 130 people. The other attackers died in suicide bombings or under police fire.
Abdeslam's lawyer, Frank Berton, said his client had invoked his right to silence.
Abdeslam had said last month that he wanted to explain all, but Mr Berton told reporters his client was disturbed by the 24-hour video surveillance in his maximum-security cell.