One Barcelona attack suspect released due to 'weak' evidence, three held in custody
A judge has ordered two of the four surviving suspects in last week's extremist attacks in Spain be held without bail, another detained for 72 more hours and one freed.
National Court Judge Fernando Andreu issued his orders after hearing the four answer questions on Tuesday about the vehicle attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils that killed 15 people.
Mr Andreu said there was enough evidence to hold 21-year-old Mohamed Houli Chemlal and 28-year-old Driss Oukabir on preliminary charges of causing homicides and injuries of a terrorist nature and of belonging to a terror organisation.
The judge said Houli Chemlal was also held for dealing with explosives.
Sahl El Karib, the owner of a cybercafe in Ripoll, the Pyrenees hometown to most of the members of the cell, will remain in custody under arrest for at least 72 more hours while police inquiries continue.
The judged ruled the evidence to keep holding suspect Mohamed Aalla was "not solid enough".