Thursday 14 November 2019

Mum and daughter die after getting trapped in sauna

Stock image Photo: Getty
Stock image Photo: Getty
Catherine Devine

Catherine Devine

A mum and daughter died after they became trapped in a sauna for over 90 mins.

According to the Agence France-Presse, the mum (65) and daughter (45) became trapped when the door handle fell off the sauna from the inside.

The accident occurred near the town of Jicin northeast of Prague on Saturday evening.

"The owner thought they were taking too long to come out so she went to check and found them lying on the floor," police spokeswoman Iva Kormosova said in a statement to Agence France-Presse.

The women were pronounced dead at the scene.

It's believed the women tried to break the glass window after realising they had become trapped.

Online Editors

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Editors Choice

Also in World News