Tuesday 23 January 2018

House is toast after family dog starts fire

Alan Jones

A pigeon dropping a discarded cigarette down a chimney and a dog turning on a toaster were among some of the most bizarre causes of fires this year, England's biggest brigade has revealed.

Investigators in London studied 2,000 incidents in the capital in a bid to highlight the importance of fire safety, and discovered some truly weird cases.

Some of the other unlikely causes of fires were:

* A fridge freezer caught fire after a mouse got into the back, shorting the electrics.

* A toilet roll dropped down the loo was placed in a microwave to dry it out.

Irish Independent

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in World News