Former X Factor judge Tulisa banned from driving for 15 months after she pleads guilty to drink-driving
Former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos broke down in tears as she pleaded guilty to drink-driving after crashing her Ferrari on the wrong side of the road.
The 27-year-old was banned from driving for 15 months after admitting being over the limit during the incident outside Southgate Tube station in north London on September 10 last year.
She arrived at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court wearing sunglasses, a dark blazer and trousers and had her hair in a low bun.
She pleaded guilty to driving with 54 microgrammes of alcohol in millilitres of breath - the legal limit is 35 microgrammes. She cried when she was asked to state her Enfield address.
The former N-Dubz singer was ordered to pay a total of £1,185 and disqualified from driving. A charge of dangerous driving was dropped by prosecutors.
The court heard that Contostavlos had consumed two glasses of wine before the incident involving her Ferrari, which she has since sold.
Tarika Jayaratne, prosecuting, said the star drove "on the wrong side of the road" and hit a vehicle which was carrying two people.
Ms Jayaratne told the court that, during her interview at the police station, Contostavlos said she was "sleep-walking" or "sleep-driving" at the time.
Contostavlos, who was held by police for 22 hours, is remorseful about what happened, mitigating lawyer Kirsty Brimelow said.
The QC said Contostavlos is "a talented young woman" who is set on launching an acting career, adding: "She has placed everything on hold because of this."
Ms Brimelow said the conviction will cause the star "difficulties" in getting work in the US.