Barcelona attack victims: Grandad makes impassioned plea for missing grandson (7)
THE family of a seven-year-old boy has posted on Facebook begging for his safe return after he was separated from his injured mother.
Julian Cadman, from Australia, was out in Barcelona on holiday with his mother, when the terrorist's van struck where they were walking, separating them.
Jom Cadman, the mother of Julian, was found in hospital and is in a serious but stable condition.
His cousin and his grandfather, George and Tony Cadman, wrote on Facebook: "My cousin/grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (his Mum, my cousin-in-law) and she is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
"Julian is 7 years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share, especially if you have family or friends in Barcelona. Thank you."
At least 13 people were killed and more than 100 injured in a terror attack on Barcelona's Las Ramblas on Thursday.
At least 24 different nationalities were among the dead and injured, officials said early on Friday morning.
A three-year-old child is among those confirmed dead, Spanish media reported.
The child was apparently taken to San Pau hospital but could not be saved. Fifteen of the victims were last night in critical condition.
Belgium's foreign affairs minister, Didier Reynders, said a Belgian citizen was also among the dead, while three German citizens were also killed, according to La Vanguardia.
In Australia, Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop confirmed that four Australians had been hurt in the attack, while one person is missing.
Twenty-six French citizens were injured, with at least 11 of them in serious condition, the French Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
A spokesman for Spain's civil protection had earlier said said that among the victims in the popular seaside city were nationals from France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Argentina, Venezuela, Belgium, Australia, Hungary, Peru, Romania, Ireland, Greece, Cuba, Macedonia, China, Italy and Algeria - without detailing whether he was referring to those who died or were injured.
The Irish so far known to have been caught up in the attack are a man and wife - who were born in the Philippines but are naturalised Irish citizens - and their two of their children who were born in Ireland.
They are understood to have been on holiday in Barcelona when they were caught up in the terror attack on Thursday.
Their injuries are understood not to be life-threatening.