There were four break-ins in less than 48 hours this week at Dublin pubs closed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The four city-centre pubs were targeted by criminals on Thursday and Friday, with sources saying it was expected more pubs would be targeted nationwide in the coming days and weeks by "opportunistic and desperate burglars".
Some Dublin pub owners are so concerned about the situation that they have completely boarded up the front of their premises, including the well-known Palace Bar on Fleet Street, and the Merchant's Arch pub, on Wellington Quay.
In one of the pub burglaries in the capital, gardaí from Pearse Street arrested three suspects after they allegedly raided the Oak Bar, on Parliament Street in Temple Bar, in the early hours of Thursday.
The incident happened at 5.45am and gardaí yesterday confirmed details of the arrests.
"Two men aged in their late 20s, and a woman aged in her early 30s, entered the licensed premises and took a number of items. All three were apprehended by gardaí on mobile patrol in the area," a Garda spokeswoman told the Irish Independent.
"They were arrested and taken to Pearse Street garda station where they were detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984," she added.
The trio are expected to appear before court.
The door of the popular bar was damaged during the burglary.
Donall O'Keeffe, the CEO of the Licensed Vintners Association, said that the LVA had been advising all its members on security precautions.