Brother of Marseille attacker arrested in Italy
Police in Italy have arrested the brother of a Tunisian man who stabbed two women to death in the French city of Marseille earlier this month.
Officers in the northern city of Ferrara said on Monday that the suspect, Anis Hanachi, was arrested over the weekend on an international warrant issued by French authorities accusing him of involvement in the attack and of international terrorism.
The Italian news agency Ansa said he is suspected of having radicalised his brother, and may have had a role in organising the attack.
The attacker, 29-year-old Ahmed Hanachi, who was shot dead after the incident, had lived in Aprilia, south of Rome, from about 2006 to 2014, reports said.
It was not immediately clear how long his brother had been in Italy.