Belgian charged with terrorism in new French attacks case
The Belgian federal prosecutor's office has charged a Belgian with participating in the activities of a terrorist group for his alleged role in a plot to attack France.
The plot was uncovered after the arrest of a Frenchman and the discovery of a huge cache of weapons and explosives.
A statement on Saturday named the 33-year-old suspect only as YA. It said he is in custody and has been charged in the case that grew out of the arrest last week of Reda Kriket in the Paris suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt.
Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said an "imminent" attack was thwarted with Kriket's arrest and the discovery of the explosives stash in suburban Argenteuil outside of Paris.
A third man was arrested in Rotterdam in the case, separate from the deadly attacks in Paris and Brussels.