Zoos and aquariums are re-branding their animals and the results are amazing
What would you name your favourite animal, based only on appearance?
If you could re-brand your favourite animal based on appearance alone, surely it would have a much more exciting name.
Zoos and aquariums have been using the hashtag #RebrandASpecies on Twitter to give hilarious – and realistic – new names to the animals in their exhibits.
Here are a few that you’ll definitely be adopting from now on.
1. Vancouver Aquarium came up with an extremely cute one.
2. Orangutans have a strong new brand.
3. This marsupial got a brand new name.
4. The puffer fish was renamed.
5. Find the Okapi in your nearest coffee shop.
6. Penguins got a great name based on their tuxedo pattern.
7. Tapirs are now branded as a snack.
8. A very fitting name.
9. This one is very suitable indeed.
10. Another name for tapirs, this time for their babies.
11. This monochrome beauty gets a new name.
12. And lastly… this very scientific branding.