Hilarious ‘He’s not your man’ meme is the best dating advice you’ll ever receive
Here are all the red flags you need to bear in mind if you want to avoid dating a regrettable historical figure.
The internet often spouts dating advice, whether useful or not, and the latest meme to explode with popularity on Twitter follows this trend in a bizarre way.
The online wisdom comes in the form of a meme letting you know “He’s not your man”, pointing out the warning signs that you might be dating someone dodgy.
From beloved hockey mascot Gritty to Pharaoh Ramses II, follow these memes and never date the wrong person again.
Here are 10 of the best versions on Twitter:
1. Don’t fall for the trap of dating a Pharaoh.
Ladies, if he:— Sarah Parcak (@indyfromspace) November 23, 2018
-only responds if u text in emojis
-doesn’t care about your single wife policy
-refuses to wear anything but fine linens
-is a staunch polytheist
-claims victory at Kadesh when it was a tie
He’s not your man. He’s Egypt’s greatest king from Dyn 19, Ramesses II
2. Watch out for any rom-com moments…
Ladies, if he:— ɆⱠɆ₦ł ₴₳ɄV₳₲Ɇ₳Ʉ (@Electriceleni) November 24, 2018
- is amazing at soccer
- is v cute and considerate and funny
- loves Gouda
- puts tampons in his nose
He's not your man. She's The Man starring Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum
3. Remember this helpful character?
4. Always check to make sure your date isn’t a raccoon.
Ladies, if he:— Roxi Horror 💀🌸 (@roxiqt) November 24, 2018
- ignores text messages
- doesn't like your tweets
- eats like trash
- regularly goes out all night
- is usually found in wooded areas in North America
He's not your man. He's a raccoon.
5. Try not to get too attached to Duolingo.
6. Take this as a reminder to return your books!
Ladies, if he:— America’s Librarian (@HalpernAlex) November 25, 2018
- is warm and inviting
- is generous
- is active in the community
- expects you to return his stuff frequently and fines you if you don’t
- demands you stay awake at all times
He's not your man. He's a public library and you should return your books on time.
7. You definitely won’t find this historical figure on Tinder.
Ladies, if he:— Kyle 🌱 (@KylePlantEmoji) November 22, 2018
- only responds after you double text
- doesn't care about your snap streak
- refuses to shave
- is a staunch abolitionist
- returns to Ohio after serving only one term
He's not your man. He's 19th president Rutherford B Hayes
8. Please never date Gritty.
Ladies, if he:— jordan (@JordanUhl) November 24, 2018
- never responds to your texts
- doesn’t watch your Insta stories
- has long, unkempt hair
- wears a helmet
- is in Antifa
- is orange
He’s not your man. He’s Gritty.
9. Avoid all terrible leftover recipes.
Ladies, if your man:— Danielle Kurtzleben (@titonka) November 24, 2018
- doesn’t return your texts
- doesn’t help with dishes
- in fact dirties dishes
- because he’s coated in mashed potatoes
- is deep fried
- spews gravy when poked
He’s not your man. He’s that ill- advised Thanksgiving-leftover recipe that still intrigues me.
10. Lastly, this adorable animal sounds like a catch.
Ladies, if he:— grim monte 🖤☠️👻🎃 (@KimmyMonte) November 25, 2018
- doesn’t introduce you to his parents
- never calls you back
- has four feet
- smells like potato chips
- could easily be mistaken for a loaf of bread
that’s my pug, you’re dating my pug