Boys in hospital after chilli dare
Officials in Germany say eight teenagers had to be treated in hospital after a test of courage in which they drank chilli sauce more than 200 times hotter than normal.
The Red Cross in the southern city of Augsburg says 10 boys, aged 13 and 14, drank the sauce while they were at school.
The German news agency DAPD quoted the Red Cross as saying the boys complained of feeling sick, and eight were taken to a hospital. They were kept in overnight for observation.
The Red Cross said that on the Scoville scale, which measures the hotness of sauce, the sauce measured 535,000 - compared to 2,500 for normal Tabasco sauce.