14 times Australian police proved they have the best Twitter game in the world
This is how it’s done.
Whether it’s in New South Wales, Queensland or the Northern Territory, Australian police teams have some serious Twitter game.
Here are some of their golden moments, to explain why.
1. When the New South Wales team brought out one of the oldest tricks in the book
Look what we found! pic.twitter.com/bNuFHdcgAq— NSW Police (@nswpolice) August 15, 2017
It’s the ol’ look over there and schoolboy punching trick mixed in one – and for a good cause too.
2. The time Murdoch Police posted a stoner’s to do list
This guy was clearly going places.
Despite huge social media attention for a small police team in Perth, the Murdoch team stayed humble as well.
Yes, the to do list was authentic, I don't think any of us here could make it up if we tried! #nosenseofhumour— Murdoch Police (@MurdochPol) April 30, 2015
3. When NSW brought out the Game of Thrones references
We don't mean to Drogon, but pls keep your Littlefingers off the phone if driving home. You'll pay the gold price if caught. #GameofThrones— NSW Police (@nswpolice) August 14, 2017
4. When the NSW team (again) trolled 2 billion people
We don't mean to alarm you but FACEBOOK IS DOWN!!! How will we know what you ate for lunch!? pic.twitter.com/j3z6Uf4q13— NSW Police (@nswpolice) May 9, 2017
Facebook has over 2 billion monthly users – and the NSW team clearly isn’t a fan of your food pictures.
5. When South Australia Police trolled their former Prime Minister
Bob Hawke was the Aussie PM from 1983 to 1991, and he’s now the ripe old age of 87 – so maybe he deserved a beer okay SA.
6. When the NSW team made a deep, meaningful Spotify playlist
Loving this playlist 🔥💯 pic.twitter.com/C3bGPiUBRq— NSW Police (@nswpolice) May 17, 2017
Seriously, the New South Wales team are nailing this social media business.
7. When they realised the internet is all about puppies
If there’s one thing the internet loves, it’s puppies – and by gosh New South Wales, you did it again.
8. When Queensland Police trolled Nickelback
Urgent police warning: Men matching this description expected to be committing musical crimes in Boondall tonight. pic.twitter.com/iTI6ShuO2K— Queensland Police (@QldPolice) May 20, 2015
9. When NSW made an exquisite pun from a classic by The Killers
PD Cobble.— NSW Police (@nswpolice) April 13, 2017
*Listens to Mr. Brightside once* pic.twitter.com/SHwHZ4vlix
PD Cobble’s out of their cage, and by golly they’re looking just fine.
10. When Victoria PD trolled Mondays – with a dog
It's Monday 😵... Quick, play dead. pic.twitter.com/rC8zm08I7S— Victoria Police (@VictoriaPolice) May 15, 2017
11. When Western Australia Police called out someone’s hunger for chicken
Nando’s is good – but not that good.
12. When Cockburn Police brought in the cavalry
No laughing at the station’s name please – this team is from a little suburb in Perth.
13. When Mundaring Police messed with technology
Difficult to decide if they were messing with a speedometer or Windows Paint.
Okay, probably Paint…
14. When York Police had absolutely no chill
Yep. They did this. Seriously.
Bonus round: When Queensland Police maybe got a little try-hard
Don't lose your cool in the heat, keep it chill like Mr Freeze. But don't be a super villain, that wouldn't be (n)ice to see. pic.twitter.com/BtCHwJOGik— Queensland Police (@QldPolice) February 9, 2017
That’s enough from you now Australia.