Saturday 16 December 2017

Toddler dies after choking on a necklace during nap time

Deacon Ryan Morin. Picture: Danielle Morin/Facebook
Deacon Ryan Morin. Picture: Danielle Morin/Facebook Newsdesk Newsdesk

An 18-month-old boy died after he choked on a necklace during nap time.

Deacon Ryan Morin was in daycare in Fontana, California and was put on life support for five days following the incident.

He was taken off life support on Monday and his mother Danielle Morin said in a Facebook post she would be donating his organs.

“I ask for you to pray that his organs stay strong throughout the transport and implant process for these sick children and their families,” she wrote in the poignant post.

“This is the darkest day of my life, but I know Deacon is with the Lord and at peace shining down upon us.”

Ms Morin said she arrived to collect her son from Little Impressions Daycare on Wednesday to find paramedics reviving him.

Employees told her little Deacon was strangled by a teething necklace he was wearing at the time.

An investigation into the circumstances of his death is now underway.

Online Editors

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in World News