| 17.7°C Dublin

Child rescued after getting head stuck in kettle

A one-and-a-half-year-old child had a lucky escape after getting her head stuck in a kettle while she was playing at home in Chile.

The girl was playing with the kettle and it became wedged on her head when her mother, Daniella Lopez became distracted by the telephone.

The toddler was rushed to hospital in Santa Cruz where medics attempted to remove the kettle.

Fire crews were called in to free her using strong equipment to cut through the metal. The girl did not suffer any serious injuries and recovered fully from her ordeal.

Online Editors