Eye witness survivor of Tunisia attack reports 'second gunman' in beach massacre
An eye witness who was present at the scene of the Tunisian beach massacre has said that the alleged terrorist was not acting alone.
Retired police officer Steve Johnson said that a man in red shorts was shooting tourists alongside the gunman in dark clothing.
Mr Johnson had been sheltering from the gunfire when he witnessed the second gunman carrying an automatic rifle, The Telegraph reports.
Mr Johnson said: "We saw what we believe was a second terrorist. It was a guy in red shorts, walking down from the hotel into the pool area. He just had red shorts on, nothing else on his legs or his feet or his body.
"And he had an automatic rifle in his arms and people were just running from him."
The retired officer later reported his sighting to a high-ranking policeman in Tuniisa who informed him that a man matching this description was "dead as well".
Read more: Tunisian terror attack: Blood on the sands
Mr Johnson's eye witness statement seems to contradict reports that Seifeddine Rezgui was a "lone wolf" in the terror attack that killed at least 38 people in Sousse last week.
The 24-year-old graduate of Tunisia's Kairouan University has been identified as the gunman in dark clothing who methodically moved from the beach to the luxury hotel's swimming pool, reception and other areas firing from a Kalashnikov assault rifle.
Irish nurse Lorna Carty and Athlone couple Larry and Martina Hayes were tragically killed last Friday, bringing the Irish death toll in the massacre to three.
The British death toll is expected to double from 15 to at least 30 after Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond warned that it was highly likely a "significant number" of victims yet to be identified.