At least 15 killed in suicide attack in central Africa
At least 15 people have been killed and 42 wounded in the latest suicide attack in Cameroon's far north, the government said.
Two attackers entered the town of Waza late on Wednesday and one detonated explosives near a group of youths, Governor Midjiyawa Bakary said.
Nigeria-based Boko Haram extremists have been crossing borders to stage attacks in neighbouring countries, including Cameroon, that contribute to a military force that seeks to eliminate the insurgency.
The Islamic extremists have killed more than 20,000 people in their eight-year existence and abducted thousands of others.
The attacks in Cameroon's far north, the poorest part of the country, have been a factor in sending more than 13,000 Nigerian refugees who had fled Boko Haram back to their own nation since mid-April.
The suicide attacks, roadside bombings and raids on villages have also been "complicating humanitarian operations and subjecting civilians to persistent danger", the UN humanitarian agency said earlier this week.
In addition, the UN's World Food Programme has cut food assistance to almost 200,000 Nigerian refugees and displaced people by 25 per cent since January because of lack of funding.
The Boko Haram-fuelled crisis in north-eastern Nigeria, which borders Cameroon, is part of what the UN has called the largest humanitarian crisis in more than 70 years, with millions facing hunger.