Best brunch ever
These spicy tomato baked eggs from BBC Good Food make for a perfect weekend treat.
Spicy tomato baked eggs
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 red onions , chopped
• 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove , sliced
• small bunch coriander , stalks and leaves chopped separately
• 2 400g cans cherry tomatoes
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• 4 eggs
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan that has a lid, then soften the onions, chilli, garlic and coriander stalks for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the tomatoes and sugar, then bubble for 8-10 mins until thick. Can be frozen for 1 month.
2. Using the back of a large spoon, make 4 dips in the sauce, then crack an egg into each one. Put a lid on the pan, then cook over a low heat for 6-8 mins, until the eggs are done to your liking. Scatter with the coriander leaves and serve with crusty bread.