Friday 20 April 2018

Peaches Geldof’s sister Fifi Trixibelle announces engagement just days after dad Sir Bob Geldof does the same

Fifi Geldof posted this selfie online
Fifi Geldof posted this selfie online

Jenn Selby

Just days after Sir Bob Geldof’s plans to marry is partner of 18 years, French actress Jeanne Marine, became public knowledge, his eldest daughter, Fifi Trixibelle, has announced her engagement to her busker boyfriend, 33-year-old Andrew Robertson.

“They’re going to hold the wedding in July next year,” a friend of the 31-year-old PR executive told the Daily Mail.

“I think we all need a happy family event now,” another apparently added.

Fifi, who has been dating the “sand artist and busker” for around a year, seemingly confirmed the reports by posting a photograph of her diamond engagement ring on Instagram, with the accompanying caption, “Boydonegood[sic]”.

Sir Bob Geldof’s engagement was revealed by Jeanne Marine’s close friend, the supermodel Gerry Hall, last week.

“Bob has proposed. She is over the moon,” she said.

“Jeanne Marine has been a rock and a tower of strength over this. I’m so excited for her I am bursting to tell someone.”

“Bob and Jeanne have been through hell, but they are determined something positive will come out of it.

“After all the sadness, we need something to focus on which will bring joy and light.”

photo (23).jpg
Fifi Geldof engagement ring

The 31-year-old posted this snap of her engagement ring online

The engagement spate comes after a preliminary inquest into the sudden passing of Peaches Geldof ruled that levels of heroin found in her body would have been a “likely” contributing factor to her death.

The mother-of-two was discovered by her husband Thomas Cohen and his mother  at their £1million home in Wrotham, Kent on 7 April.

Bob Geldof and Jeanne Marine

Bob Geldof and Jeanne Marine have also reportedly got engaged

The scene drew comparisons to the death of Peaches’ mother, Paula Yates, who was similarly found dead in her home in Notting Hill in 2000 after suffering a heroin overdose.

The inquest, which was opened in Gravesend, Kent, has been adjourned until July 2014.


Online Editors

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Editors Choice

Also in this section