Storm Gareth: thousands of homes left without power as 120kmh winds slam into coast
A mammoth clean-up begins this morning after Storm Gareth battered parts of the country and left thousands of homes without power.
- Day Two of Cheltenham Festival will go ahead despite strong winds and heavy rain
- Rain gives way to tears from punters as bookies take lead at Cheltenham
- 'The forecast is looking challenging' - Tomorrow's Cheltenham meeting under serious threat as Storm Gareth hits Festival
- Fears of wind and flood damage as Storm Gareth set to blow in at 130kmh
- Storm Gareth: Met Éireann issues Status Orange and Yellow warnings as heavy wind and rain to hit Ireland