| 13.9°C Dublin

WATCH: New video emerges of devastating Dublin apartment blaze


A barbeque that fell over is believed by residents to have caused an apartment fire that left people running for their lives.

Dublin Fire Brigade were called to the scene at the Verdemont Apartment of the Snugborough Road in Blanchardstown in West Dublin at approximately 5.10pm on Wedensday.

Locals living within the complex have claimed that the cause of the fire was due to the flames of a resident’s barbeque falling into his home on the fourth floor.

The blaze quickly spread to the adjoining building causing detrimental damage to the inside.

Reports have also suggested that the apartments on the bottom floor were damaged by water as the fire services extinguished the flames.

Most Watched Videos

Privacy