| 0.8°C Dublin

ARCHIVE VIDEO: Lion's Mane jellyfish spotted by Galway Swimming Club


Several members of the public have been rushed to hospital after being stung by Lion's Mane jellyfish during the heatwave. Irish Water Safety said the jellyfish are in our waters weeks, if not months, earlier than normal. The most recent victim of the painful jellyfish sting was Jack Dunne (14), who was swimming at Port Beach in Co Louth when the "huge" jellyfish stuck to his shoulder and chest.

Most Watched Videos

Privacy