A lot more men than women are signing up with matchmaker Claire Daly. So what do they want in a partner?
Here are some examples of the hopes of a typical group of male lonely hearts, aged 30-40, from across the country, whose jobs include financial adviser, Christmas-tree farmer, self-employed, cheesemaker, plumber, accountant, builder and digital-arts teacher:
- "Athletic, outgoing, preferably non-smoker, easy to talk to. Long hair!"
- "Genuine, down-to-earth, not a modern fake."
- "Likes the country life. Genuine, honest, good homemaker."
- "Beauty inside and out, kind hearted and somebody who likes children."
- "Good personality, great attitude, up for the craic."
- "Tall elegant, two legs, optimistic, willing to live on an island."
And guys, now it's your chance to find out what women are looking for in a man.
Here's a romantic wish-list from a group of women aged between 30 and 40, whose jobs include nurse, teacher, engineer and office worker:
- "Attractive, tall, sense of humour. Strong, house-trained, with some money in the bank -- I'm open to meeting farmers."
- "Looking for male, solvent, very funny, able to dance, ambitious."
- "Someone kind, independent, good family values, easy on the eye!"
- "Someone to be my life partner, friend, soul mate."
- "Funny, outgoing, good listener and house trained!"
- "Honest, clean, fit, sincere, good sense of humour, not too fond of the Guinness."
- "Easygoing, intelligent, can hold a conversation, not bald, good hygiene, honest, genuine and cute."