Remember my mantra? Your make-up is only as good as the brushes that you use?
The bespoke brush in my photo, above, is from Make Up For Ever's Artisan Brush collection. It's a complexion brush, so I can use it with any face powder, blush or bronzer.
There are a lot of brushes on the market, but I'm going to let you in on my top eight must-haves.
1. Foundation brush: I actually prefer to use my fingers to apply foundation, but, if you like to use a brush, try the Dior Backstage Make Up Full Coverage Fluid Foundation Brush, €46, available nationwide.
2. Powder brush: The YSL Couture Powder Brush, €57, available nationwide, is perfect to use with translucent powder to set any make-up look, and it's also ideal for the application of powder foundations, such as mineral make-up.
3. Concealer Brush: Some concealers come with an applicator, but I prefer to use a bareMinerals Maximum Coverage Brush, €16.
4. Blusher brush: The Mac 129sh brush, €29, is the best.
5. Eye-shadow brush: I use the Trish McEvoy 40 Medium Laydown Brush, €40, from Harvey Nichols.
6. Blending brush: The Mac 224 Tapered Blending Brush, above right, €22.50, is the classic brush for blending eye-shadow colours at the eye crease.
7. Angled brush: I love my Blank Cosmetics E30 Double Ended Brow/Spoolie, far left, €5.76. I use it on my brows, and for perfect feline eye flicks as well.
8. Lip brush: The Bobbi Brown Retractable Lip Brush, above left, €26, is a must.
Make Up For Ever, 38 Clarendon St, D2, tel: (01) 679-9043
Sunday Indo Life Magazine