12 of the best Irish fashion moments of 2014
From the runway to the red carpet, 2014 was filled with memorable moments in Irish fashion.
We fell in love with some new Irish stars and others working behind the scenes for years finally got the recognition they deserve.
Here are 12 of our favourites, in no particular order...
1. When Amy Poehler wore Don O'Neill to the Emmys
One of our favourite ever comediennes became our new favourite fashionista when she wore this shimmering metallic dress by Kerryman Don o'Neill to the 2014 Emmy Awards.
2. When Pippa O'Connor solidified her status as a style star
We've been keeping a close eye on pippa.ie, the Irish model's ever-growing lifestyle site. And her Instagram is a completely addictive insight into her stylish life.
3. When Amy Huberman's selling power became clearer than ever
In case you didn't already know it, Irish women love Amy Huberman. But her sell-out power reached new heights when literally every outfit she was pictured in this year sold-out days after.
4. When Madeline Mulqueen became a tour de force of Irish fashion
The model gave a major boost to designers by wearing exclusively Irish fashion during fiance Jack Reynor's Transformers world tour. A class act.
5. When Courtney Smith showed us the power of recycled fashion
Stylish Courtney Smith is another one of our Instagram obsessions, mostly in part to her crafty fashion techniques. She champions the importance of tailoring, recycles vintage fashion and helps design pieces from scratch.
6. When Simone Rocha ruled 2014 like a boss
2014 was the year of Simone Rocha. She killed it at London Fashion Week and was named the New Establishment Award at the British Fashion Awards; Young Designer of the Year at the Harper's Bazaar Women Of The Year awards and International Designer of the Year at the Scottish Fashion Awards.
7. When Roz Purcell's suit line became the red carpet must-have
She's the Irish model of the moment who turned her fame into something more with the launch of her debut suit line, Scribe by Roz.
8. When J.W. Anderson became a rising star
He was featured in Vogue and was also awarded the Menswear Designer of the Year Award at the British Fashion Awards. Not too shabby.
9. When Angela Scanlon got the Vogue seal of approval
Irish stylist turned tv presenter has been a name on our shores for many years, but she finally made it across the pond and caught the eye of British Vogue.
10. When Li Ann Smal became the new face of Burberry
Model Li Ann Smal is the first Irish woman to be featured in a Burberry campaign and was even flown over to Shanghai to open their new store, with Cara Delevingne.
11. When Tabea Weyrauch walked New York Fashion Week (yet again)
Donegal native Tabea Weyrauch continued her world domination for Fashion Month as she counted more than 50 international shows in less than a year.
12. When Louise O'Reilly became the first ever plus size model on the books of Models One
Plus-size model and fashion blogger Louise O'Reilly is campaigning for change in the fashion industry and her voice is clearly being heard.