Kim Kardashian named 'Top Fashion Influencer' by the Council of Fashion Designers of America
First time prize has been awarded at the annual CFDAs
Kim Kardashian has been named 'Top Influencer' by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
The prize, which is in its first year at the annual CFDA, was awarded to a surprised Kim, who in her acceptance speech joked that she was 'always naked'.
The reality star donned a high neck cream crop top and matching ruched maxi skirt by Rick Owens to the events, which she accessorised with gold bangles up her arms.
Kim was joined on the red carpet by sisters Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner.
'I'm kind of shocked I'm winning a fashion award when I'm naked most of the time,' the social media star, who has over 200 million followers on Instagram, said.
Other famous fashionistas at the event included model Gigi Hadid, actress Lupita Amondi Nyong'o and designer Diane Von Furstenberg, who was celebrated with the Swarovski Award for Positive Change.
Full list of CFDA Winners 2018
- Influencer Award: Kim Kardashian
- Accessory Designer of the Year: Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen, The Row
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Raf Simons, Calvin Klein
- Menswear Designer of the Year: James Jebbia, Supreme
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent: Sander Lak, Sies Marjan
- Fashion Icon: Naomi Campbell
- Media Award: Edward Enninful
- International Award: Donatella Versace
- The Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Narciso Rodriguez
- The Founder's Award in honour of Eleanor Lambert: Carolina Herrera
- The Swarovski Award for Positive Change: Diane von Furstenberg