Meet Sean O’Pry: The world’s highest earning model, and he’s half Irish
Here are ten things you need to know about the achingly handsome Sean O’Pry.
The 25-year-old model hails from Kennesaw, Georgia, and is routinely cited as the top earning male model in the world.
According to Forbes, his estimated worth is over €5 million.
Here are ten things you need to know about the 6’1” country boy done good:
1. He is of Irish and Native American heritage; his “hero” father is Irish and his mother is from Indiana.
2. He was discovered through MySpace when one time America’s Next Top Model judge Nolé Marin stumbled across his prom photos on the social networking site.
Nolé put Sean in touch with VNY Model Management owner Lana Tomzcak. Eight years later, she is still his agent, and Sean credits Lana and her husband Damian with “raising him” since he was 17-years-old.
3. He has insecurities just like the rest of us. “When I was in middle school I wouldn't turn profile to people, because I thought my nose was so bad that people would just stare at it,” he once said.
4. Moving to New York from his country surroundings was both “enlightening and scary”:
“Coming from a smaller city to the big city, it's crazy. It's the first time I had ever left the south. It was a huge culture shock, because I come from sweet tea and grits to...some of the nicest restaurants in the world. I'm pretty happy with Waffle House back home."
(He also thought Fendi was a type of food!)
6. The brown-haired-blue-eyed model has featured in campaigns for the biggest names in fashion including Calvin Klein, Armani, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Marc Jacobs,DKNY, Lacoste, Diesel and Zara.
7. He is a middle child, with one older brother Chris and a younger sister named Shannon. He says he would never encourage his little sister to enter the cut throat modelling industry.
8. He has a sense of humour, previously stating, “The best part about being a male model is not having to wear high heels.”
9. He is a fan of Bray musician Hozier. He recently Instagrammed screenshots of both ‘For Eden’ and ‘Work Song’ tracks and told his 95,000 followers to “go listen”.
10. He may have walked for the likes of Yves Saint Laurent, Moschino, Givenchy, Chanel and Louis Vuitton, but stalking the catwalk does not come easy for him:
“If anyone has ever seen my runway walk, I'm a huge d-bag….That's one thing in my career that I don't understand. I have the worst runway walk. I mean Lana will admit it, that I have a horrible runway walk. I just try not to concentrate. I'd laugh my ass off if I thought that 500 people were staring at me.”