Best Dressed judge Rosanna Davison shares top five tips for races fashion
Racing season is just around the corner and we've taken the stress out of dressing.
Former Miss World Rosanna Davsion and stylist/designer Brendan Courtney will be judging this year's Best Dressed Lady at the Fairyhouse races, sponsored by Carton House.
And with a theme of 'All that glitters is gold' - we sat down with Rosanna to find out what she'd be looking for while crowned the most stylish woman of the day.
With a prize worth €8,000 up for grabs, we doubt any extra encouragement is needed!
1. As the theme of this year’s Carton House Most Stylish Lady is ‘All that glitters is Gold’ ladies need to ensure that they incorporate some golden hues into their outfit. Be it a bespoke headpiece or a unique accessory to shoes and key pieces, Brendan and I will be on the lookout for those winning looks!
2. I’m a big fan of hats and headpieces, they make for a glamorous accessory ensuring even the simplest of dresses stand out. Bespoke headpieces can really show off your personality and as a country famous for our award winning milliners, a ladies day occasion is the perfect opportunity to have a quirky and original headpiece made.
3. An original take on something timeless is always applauded. The more understated, the better. Classic shapes and styles will always be glamorous so find what suits your shape and style best. Also, don’t forget those accessories ladies, but be careful not to overdo it. Gloves, umbrellas and belted coats always work well with Ireland’s changeable weather but be sure your chosen accessories compliment your outfit.
4. The races are a formal event so entrants should bear in mind that dresses should be an appropriate length and comfortable shoes are a must! We want to see confident ladies with an air of finesse so while those gold stilettos may look fabulous in the shop window, be sure that you can walk in them.
5. Finally, when it comes to make-up, a soft look is always best. As judges, Brendan and I want to see your natural beauty shine through. ‘All that Glitters is Gold’ lends itself nicely to neutral shades of nudes, creams, browns and shimmers which are perfect for that daytime look.
Carton House will be adding to the style and glamour of the day by hosting the Carton House Most Stylish Lady marquee beside the parade ring in Fairyhouse, where ladies hoping to vie for the title can register from 12 noon on the 21st April 2014.