Spacey’s film pulled from festival following allegations
Kevin Spacey’s film had been due to close the AFI Fest.
Kevin Spacey’s latest film has been pulled from a festival in light of the allegations against the actor.
All The Money In The World, about the real life kidnapping of John Paul Getty’s grandson, was due to be screened on the closing night of AFI Fest in Hollywood this month.
But after historical allegations of inappropriate behaviour against the actor emerged, a decision was made to pull it from the event.
TriStar Pictures said: “All The Money In The World is a superb film and more than worthy of its place of honour in the AFI Fest.
“But given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this difficult time.
“Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn.
“However, a film is not the work of one person. There are over 800 other actors, writers, artists, craftspeople and crew who worked tirelessly and ethically on this film, some for years, including one of cinema’s master directors.
“It would be a gross injustice to punish all of them for the wrongdoings of one supporting actor in the film.
“Accordingly, the film will open wide as planned on December 22.”
Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams also star in the film.
Last week it emerged that the Metropolitan Police had opened an investigation into an allegation of sexual assault made against Spacey.
Production was also halted on the sixth season of his show House Of Cards following the allegations.
Spacey’s representative has said the actor is “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment” in light of the claims.
His lawyers have been contacted for comment.