Sarah Brightman cancels space trip
Singer Sarah Brightman has postponed her planned trip to the International Space Station.
She had been training in Star City near Moscow, and was due to blast off in a Russian Soyuz rocket on a tourist flight on September 1.
In March the 54-year-old revealed she was working with composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, her ex-husband, to create a song to sing in space.
But a statement on the soprano's website said she was setting the plans aside, and that for "personal family reasons" her intentions had changed.
Eric Anderson, co-founder and chairman of Space Adventures said: "Since 2012, Sarah has shared her story of a lifelong dream to fly to space.
"Her international fame as the world's best-selling soprano has enabled her message to circle the globe, inspiring others to pursue their own dreams.
"We've seen first-hand her dedication to every aspect of her spaceflight training and to date, has passed all of her training and medical tests. We applaud her determination and we'll continue to support her as she pursues a future spaceflight opportunity."