Thursday 19 July 2018

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle rang in the New Year in style with VIP trip to Monaco

Britain's Prince Harry and his fiancee Meghan Markle leave St Mary Magdalene's church after the Royal Family's Christmas Day service on the Sandringham estate in eastern England, Britain, December 25, 2017. REUTERS/Hannah McKay
Britain's Prince Harry and his fiancee Meghan Markle leave St Mary Magdalene's church after the Royal Family's Christmas Day service on the Sandringham estate in eastern England, Britain, December 25, 2017. REUTERS/Hannah McKay
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend Christmas Day Church service at Church of St Mary Magdalene on December 25, 2017 in King's Lynn, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend Christmas Day Church service at Church of St Mary Magdalene on December 25, 2017 in King's Lynn, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)
A third official engagement photo released by Kensington Palace of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle taken by Alexi Lubomirski earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor.
In this handout photo provided by Kensington Palace, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for one of two official engagement photos at Frogmore House in December, 2017 in Windsor, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alexi Lubomirski via Getty Images)
In this handout photo provided by Kensington Palace, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for one of two official engagement photos at Frogmore House in December, 2017 in Windsor, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alexi Lubomirski via Getty Images)
Prince Harry with Meghan Markle
One of two official engagement photos released Kensington Palace of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend Christmas Day Church service at Church of St Mary Magdalene on December 25, 2017 in King's Lynn, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend Christmas Day Church service at Church of St Mary Magdalene on December 25, 2017 in King's Lynn, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

BANG Showbiz

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle partied in a “very private” region of Monaco to celebrate the start of 2018.

The 33-year-old royal and his fiancée were spotted flying economy class to Nice in the French Riviera over the weekend to start their New Year’s celebrations, but it has now been revealed the pair didn’t stay in the city long before getting into a helicopter and being whisked off to Monaco.

Whilst there, the pair reportedly “partied like tycoons” with the likes of Prince Albert of Monaco, and his wife, Princess Charlene, before their brief visit was drawn to a close when the couple flew back to England on Tuesday.

A source told MailOnline: "Harry and Meghan were somewhere very private and very expensive. Monte Carlo is party central at this time of the year, and the word is that the British royals really enjoyed themselves.

In this handout photo provided by Kensington Palace, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for one of two official engagement photos at Frogmore House in December, 2017 in Windsor, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alexi Lubomirski via Getty Images)
In this handout photo provided by Kensington Palace, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for one of two official engagement photos at Frogmore House in December, 2017 in Windsor, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alexi Lubomirski via Getty Images)

“The fun could well have been laid on by Prince Albert, who is a close friend of Harry's. What's certain is that they were partying like tycoons on New Year's Day. Fun around Monaco is never understated, and always costs a fortune!”

However, a spokesperson for the Prince’s Palace of Monaco has dismissed the claims Harry and Meghan spent any time with Albert and Charlene.

They said: “I haven't got any information about that. I'm not aware of it at all, not at all. It must have been private if it was the case, but I don't know about it at all. It's news to me.”

Harry and Meghan’s quick trip comes just before they are set to make their first royal engagement of 2018 next week, as they will be heading off to youth-orientated Reprezent FM in Brixton, London, on January 9.

Whilst at the radio studio, Harry and Meghan, 36, will learn more about the training programmes, and meet some of the current and former volunteers who have benefited from their time on the courses.

A third official engagement photo released by Kensington Palace of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle taken by Alexi Lubomirski earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor.
A third official engagement photo released by Kensington Palace of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle taken by Alexi Lubomirski earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor.

Online Editors

Style Newsletter

Stay on top of the latest fashion, beauty and celeb gossip in our Style newsletter.

Also in this section