Tuesday 12 December 2017

Justin Bieber will not face charges for hitting photographer with truck

Neither party was at fault, the police said.

Justin Bieber will not be charged (Yui Mok/PA)
Justin Bieber will not be charged (Yui Mok/PA)

By Katie Archer

Justin Bieber will not be charged for hitting a celebrity photographer with his pickup truck.

The pop star accidentally hit a 57-year-old paparazzo in Beverly Hills, California, after leaving an event on July 26, but Beverly Hills police Lt. Elisabeth Albanese said that there were no violations by either Bieber or the photographer and no citations will be issued.

Police have said Bieber was cooperative after the incident, which came just days after he cancelled the rest of his Purpose World tour.

ipanews_05886729-b8f9-4037-9aab-fb062a8e79f9_embedded35408
Justin Bieber will not be charged for a car accident (Yui Mok/PA)

The singer had been touring in support of his album Purpose for the past 18 months, playing more than 150 shows, including the recent British Summer Time festival in London, but has axed the final 14 scheduled performances.

His upcoming shows included stops in Asia, the United States and Canada.

The 23-year-old wrote a lengthy Instagram post saying he was grateful to his fans but also wanted his life and career to be sustainable.

“Me taking this time right now is saying I want to be SUSTAINABLE. I want my career to be sustainable, but I also want my mind heart and soul to be sustainable. So that I can be the man I want to be, the husband I eventually want to be and the father I want to be,” he wrote.

He continued: “Im VERY aware I’m never going to be perfect, and I’m gonna keep making mistakes but what I’m not gonna do is let my past dictate my future.

“What I’m not gonna do is be ashamed of my mistakes. I wanna be a man that learns from them and grows from them!”

Press Association

Promoted Links

Style Newsletter

Stay on top of the latest fashion, beauty and celeb gossip in our Style newsletter.

Promoted Links

Also in this section