Wednesday 24 January 2018

Bruce Jenner 'only speaking to his attorney' during fatal crash investigation

Bruce Jenner arrives for Ryan Sheckler's 7th Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament at Trump National Golf Course
Bruce Jenner arrives for Ryan Sheckler's 7th Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament at Trump National Golf Course
Kim Kardashian and Bruce Jenner are seen filming their reality show
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies investigate the scene of a collision involving three vehicles in Malibu
A damaged vehicle (L) is pictured at the scene of a four-car crash involving Olympic gold medalist and reality TV star Bruce Jenner in Malibu
A damaged vehicle is pictured at the scene of a four-car crash involving Olympic gold medalist and reality TV star Bruce Jenner in Malibu
Bruce Jenner with daughters Kylie and Kendall Jenner Pic: Kylie Jenner/Instagram
Bruce Jenner showcases his duck face as he leaves the Madonna Inn after grabbing coffee with Khloe Kardashian and Scott Disick earlier in the day. Picture by: AKM-GSI / Splash News

Independent.ie Newsdesk and Agencies

Bruce Jenner is “not talking to anyone accept his attorney” about his car crash, according to reports.

The 65-year-old was involved in a four-car collision on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu on February 7th. The incident led to the death of a 69-year-old woman and Bruce could face vehicle manslaughter charges if it’s found that he crashed into her vehicle first and caused the accident.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies investigate the scene of a collision involving three vehicles in Malibu
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies investigate the scene of a collision involving three vehicles in Malibu

While the former Olympian has so far cooperated with police, handed over his mobile phone records and granted access to his Cadillac Escalade’s black box, it seems he has now had enough.

Read more: Video emerges of fatal Bruce Jenner crash as investigation continues

“Investigators have reached out to Bruce, and his attorney, Blair Berk, requesting a formal sit down interview,” a source told Radar Online. “Those requests have been turned down, and it doesn’t appear that Bruce will doing any interviews with cops at this stage of the investigation. Bruce is hunkering down and not talking to anyone except for his attorney.”

While Bruce allegedly said in initial conversations with police that he hit the deceased’s car when she slammed on her breaks, a video captured from a MTA bus has now been handed over to authorities. It allegedly shows Bruce’s Escalade rear-ending the lady’s white Lexus, sending it into oncoming traffic, and then hitting a black Prius.

Read more: Bruce Jenner pleads with Kardashian daughters to stay quiet about gender transition

However Bruce also has an expert working on the case, and apparently won’t speak until their investigations have been completed.

“Bruce’s accident reconstruction expert is still doing their work, and it’s expected they will be presenting the findings at the conclusion to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department,” the insider added.

While he may be remaining tight lipped, it doesn’t mean the reality star isn’t upset about the incident. According to Life & Style, another source claims that “Bruce has been crying day and night.”

Online Editors

Promoted Links

Style Newsletter

Stay on top of the latest fashion, beauty and celeb gossip in our Style newsletter.

Promoted Links

Also in this section