Another burning issue on EastEnders
There was real-life drama in Albert Square on Tuesday night after a fire broke out on the EastEnders set in Hertfordshire.
The blaze, in one of the houses on the set at Elstree Studios, is believed to have been started accidentally by a firework and will not affect this week's 30th anniversary celebrations, which include a live episode on Friday and the unmasking of Lucy Beale's murderer.
Fire crews from Borehamwood and Potters Bar were called out shortly after 11pm to tackle the blaze in the first floor and roof of a building on the square.
Area commander Ian Parkhouse said: "Thanks to the hard work of our firefighters, the fire was contained and extinguished before it could cause any serious damage to the set. We're pleased that we were able to deal with this incident quickly, so it shouldn't affect the 30-year celebrations taking place this week."
A spokeswoman for the show said: " There was a very small fire on set on Tuesday night after rehearsals had finished. It has not affected any #EELive week plans and nobody was harmed."