Make-Up Trend: Smoky eyes with a difference
One of the more prominent makeup trends at the Spring/Summer 12 shows was the luxe extravaganza eye.
While Fendi attached gold and silver foil to the models lids, Givenchy cut a sequin in half and attached one half to models upper lid, the other to the lower. And at sexy Italian brand Dsquared the smoky eye was moved into sparkle territory with the help of glitter.
Here's how to achieve the opulent look at home:
1. Lightly dab a dark cream shadow all over lid with your finger.
2. Use a wide eye shadow brush to put a black powder shadow all over the lid. Start close to the lash line and work towards the crease. Smudge the edge.
3. Use a smaller soft eyeshadow brush to put some of the dark eye shadow along the lower lash line. You want the eyeshadow to frame the eye.
4. Use a grey metallic eyeshadow and blend at the outer edge of the black shadow. Sweep lightly towards the nose and towards the brows to make the shape of the smoky eye rounded.
5. Using a black eye pencil, frame the eye by drawing inside the upper and lower lash line.
6. Top the smoky eye with loose glitter around the eye.
7. Curl your lashes and add two coats of black mascara.