This honey baked oats recipe is the perfect winter warmer
It’s official, winter is coming..! Gone are overnight oats with summer fruits. It’s time to settle in to steaming hot bowls of oats oozing with delicious Irish honey – porridge season is upon us!
I am a huge fan of baked oats. Nothing can beat them.
My latest baked oats recipe is oozing with honey and will get you winter ready! There are absolutely tonnes of health benefits associated with honey.
The top ones for me are that it is a natural energy booster, which can help you to get in gear in the morning time now that it’s staying darker for longer. Also, honey can help treat the symptoms of coughs and colds and is great for sore throats.
Honey really has a wealth of amazing health benefits, and Boyne Valley – Ireland’s favourite honey - is 100pc pure and natural, the best natural sweetener you can add to your oats this winter.
Boyne Valley are experts in honey. For nearly 60 years, generations of the family-owned business have made a priority out of only sourcing and supplying the highest quality, great tasting honey. Their love of honey has been echoed by generations of customers who have made Boyne Valley Honey an iconic Irish brand.
For this recipe, I’ll be using their Classic Honey – it’s the perfect everyday honey and has a permanent place in my cupboard.
Honey Baked Oats
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free.
Serves 2 people.
90g gluten free oats
3tbsp Boyne Valley Classic Honey
2tsp vanilla extract
150ml of almond milk
2tbsp of Lifeforce nut butter
An extra drizzle of honey to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the liquids.
3. Stir in the oats and whisk together until the mixture is combined.
4. Place in an ovenproof dish and scatter the strawberries on top.
5. Drizzle over the nut butter before placing the dish into your oven.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked to your liking, serve with an added drizzle of honey enjoy!