Suarez claims he has "two or three options" and welcomes Arsenal interest
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez claims he has "two or three options" in relation to his future as it seems increasingly likely he will leave Anfield this summer.
The Uruguay international welcomed interest from Arsenal - who had a £30million bid rejected last week - but laughed at links to Chelsea.
Suarez's agent Pere Guardiola, brother of new Bayern Munich coach Pep, met with Reds managing director Ian Ayre and manager Brendan Rodgers yesterday and told them the 26-year-old wants to play Champions League football.
While Liverpool insist they do not want to sell last season's 30-goal striker, the player has made his intentions perfectly clear and Guardiola's task now is to find a buyer willing to pay upwards of £40million.
Real Madrid remain the favourites, with Suarez having already admitted he would not be able to turn down a move to the Bernabeu. But it seems the forward has not ruled out alternatives.
"My agent is in charge, he knows what I want," he told Uruguayan radio station Sport 890.
"Now there are two or three options and the club knows.
"There are no (other) offers yet but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want.
"It is good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal.
"Friends call me up to ask if I am moving to Chelsea, to which I laugh.
"Don't believe everything you read or hear."
Suarez is currently on extended leave as a result of his international duty in the Confederations Cup.
When he is scheduled to return to training the rest of the squad will have already played an Indonesia XI on their pre-season tour and preparing for matches in Melbourne and Thailand.
"I am resting and relaxed. I am due back on July 21," added Suarez.
"You never know what can happen. But now all goes well, I am calm."
While Suarez was the stand-out performer for Liverpool last season, Rodgers has sought to lessen their reliance on one player with his moves in the transfer market.
He has already brought in more attacking options in Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas and Sevilla midfielder Luis Alberto.
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure and Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet have also been recruited but Rodgers insists it is not just talent but attitude which will get them closer to the top four after finishing seventh last season.
"When we sat down last year we felt we needed to bring more of that mentality into the group - players with quality but also players with a winning mentality," he told liverpoolfc.com.
"Iago is a real competitor but he's also got quality as well. We're really looking forward to seeing him in action."
On the 20-year-old Alberto, who scored 11 goals on loan for Barcelona B last season, he added: "He's one who, over the next period of time we'll see is an outstanding player. He fits what we're trying to do really well.
"He's a very young player but he's played competitive games, and the philosophy won't be anything new to him.
"He understands the game very well. He's got the right profile of what we want and he's another player who can score goals.
"I'm very much looking forward to working with him and seeing how he develops in the squad
"There's no pressure. You saw with Philippe Coutinho, who came in at the beginning of the year at 20 years of age, and he was a similar profile - had experience but was young. He set the Premier League alight in his first six months here.
"Luis is big as well and hopefully he can produce for us like many of the Spanish players have done over the years."